Talks & Presentations
- 2019-08-08, Presentation at the people food highschool project at Lolland Falster on biohacking, food and ecosystem design.
- 2018-01-12, Guest lecturer, DTU-Mek, Biomimicry Course 41084, “Ecosystem Design, from Biohacking to Biodesign”.
- 2017-11-30, Guest lecture, KU PLEN, course “Innovation – inspired by nature”. “Ecosystem Design Principles” and rapid prototyping.
- 2017-03-17, Guest lecturer, IT-University of Copenhagen. “Sustainable Futures -DIY, Art, Biohacking & Activism” Course: Sustainable Futures.
- 2016-06-04, Guest lecturer, IT-University of Copenhagen. “Governance of hackerspaces, subject, self & power”. In the master course Digital Governance, Management and Accountability.
- 2014-10-27, DIYbio meet-up, Vienna. “Comments & Questions for DIYbio & Citizen Science” keylearnings from SNET. After Biofiction synthbio film festival. (blogpost report)
- 2014-05-14, Børsen IT-value conference, Presenting Baessy with Novozymes, Open Innovation, Open R&D
- 2013-11-27, “Ethics – Learning by hacking“, for ERA Synbio network at Statens Serum Institut.
- 2012-06-14, “FBI – DIYBio Outreach conference”, San Fransisco, CA, USA
Conferences & Festivals
- 2015-05-15, CLICK festival, Helsingør, Round table discussion on Biomedia art.
- 2014-06-26, Kopenlab, a citizen science festival. Part of Science in the City, during ESOF2014. Main project leader and coordinator. ( VIDEO )
- 2014-09-24, SNET conference, Karlsruhe (Society for the study of Nanoscience and Emerging Technologies). Diybio workshop organiser, and panellist on a diybio and synthetic biology session.
- 2014-04-25, Hackterialab2014, Collaborative bioart and open hardware conference. I did various workshops and exhibitions
- 2014-03-29, Future Everything, Manchester. Exhibition & workshop (pdf)
- 2013-10-28, Re-New, new media arts festival. CPH. Exhibition & Workshop. Biostrike / Innoculab a collaborative citizen science platform. (pdf)
- 2017-09-05, Mini workshop & guest teaching. At KADK, center for codesign in the course “Design beyound the human” by Li Jönsson, assistant professor. Teaching “Living system design principles – Designing for or with biology” and rapid prototyping.
- 2015-05-05, Using biohacking and citizen science in the high school education, workshop for biotechnology and biology teachers, Frederikborg Gymnasium.
- 2015-02-19, Thinking biology as an entrepreneur. Introduction to Citizen Science and Biohacking, Copenhagen Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center. CIEC.dk
- 2014-00-00, Organiser, “Group Experiment Nights” in Biologigaragen a series of workshops about diybio, biohacking & citizen science.
- 2013-09-06, Organiser, “New garden city – Future Food Production”, Traneudstillingen, Gentofte (web, photos)
- 2013-09-06, “Change Work – Future Food” Agro Food Park, Århus. Participating as expert on design & open innovation, organised by DDC.dk. (web, pdf)
- 2013-06-24, “Change Work – Mobility in the city” CPH Municipality and DDC.dk. Participating as expert on design & open innovation.
Exhibitions & Installations
- 2017-01-27, “Harvesting the Rare Earth” a speculative near future biomining scenario. Exhibition at Overgaden Institute of Contemporary Art. A collaboration with Jacob Sikker Remin.
- 2014-08-00, “Urine Journey” An Interactive Art Science Installation. Creating a human-bacteria-data symbiosis. (web, Research & documentation folder)
- 2013 – 2014, Biohacker: “Do It Yourself”, Exhibition at the Medical museion, Copenhagen. ( VIDEO )
- 2014-06-00, “Baessy” Open source tools & assays for citizen science. Open source hardware innovation. Biologigaragen & Novozymes
- 2013-11-00, Winner of Århusvand Idea competition. “The Resource Library, The Energy Producing Waste Water Plant of The Future“. Innovation in Architecture, project with GXN. .
- 2013-07-01, Creating a Makerspace and mobile laboratory at Roskilde festival with Labitat & Biologigaragen. (Photos)
- 2013-06-00, “Mallorca Verd” Complete water recirculation model for a hotel and conference center. Collaboration with GXN. Architecture.
- 2012-12-00, “Indoor Farming Society” CIID Interaction Design Thesis. Stakeholder, knowledge and value chain mapping of the house plant industry.
- 2013 -> ->, Blog: “Folkeforsker” at ingeniøren.dk, several blogposts about Citizen Science and biohacking.
- 2014-06-26, Reports, blogposts, workshop decriptions and web-layout on the Kopenlab citizen science festival website.
- 2014-05-26, “Genforskere vil hjælpe miljøet ved at genskabe uddøde dyrearter“, Ingeniøren in Print, front page, popular science communication.
- 2014-05-26, “Forskere vil hjælpe den amerikanske vandredue til at gå igen“, Ingeniøren, ing.dk, popular science communication.
- 2014-04-25, “Ny produktion af malariamedicin kan være skadeligt for miljøet“, Ingeniøren, ing.dk, popular science communication.
- 2014-04-24, “Gær med gener fra kinesisk malurt laver industriel malariamedicin“, Ingeniøren, ing.dk, popular science communication.
- Selected photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmborch/sets/
Supervising, consulting or advising student projects.
- 2014, Architectural graduation project, “Havbiotip” a marine aquaculture cultivation, education and recreation center by Marie Erstad, The Royal Academy of Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2014, Interaction Design Mater, “Urine Journey” an art science installation, A unisex urinal turning pee into power. Cristina Muñoz, Goldsmith school of Design, London, UK.
- 2014, Master in IT & Business innovation, “Virtual Incubator” online information and innovation tools. Thomas Bjørn, Anne Mette Manniche, IT-University of Copenhagen, DK
- xxxx, Advising and supervising various diybio & biohacking projects.